Friday 17 April 2009

After many failed attempts ...

I have finally mastered tubular peyote stitch - I don't have a clue what I was doing wrong all the other times, but it all just clicked into place last week!

So here it is, just a little sampler to get it going - I used cream, orange and brown seed beads in a section just over an inch long, trying to close it in at each end by decreasing by a bead for each row, finished it off and then wondered what on earth to do with it!!!

So I thought I'd try it on a memory wire bracelet with some colour co-ordinated beads either side - orange discs, two-tone cream/brown rounds and cream tumble chips ... and there you have it! I'm determined to master some more stitches in the coming weeks (a bit of a beginner at these) including African Helix and Dutch Spiral which have got the better of me several times now!

Please tell me what you think of this one though .... thank you for your time!
[this is for sale]

1 comment:

Steph said...

This is gorgeous. really love the colours you've used x